Thursday, November 27, 2008

6. my house is coated with lengths of hair and wood

(a) hair
i cut my hair last night. i just intended to put some more layers into it, but (as with basically every other time i cut my hair) i wound up with a fringe. to be honest i get kind of sick of my inability to cut my hair without doing something impulsive.*

but it is only a little fringe so i guess it doesn't really matter.

(b) wood
at lunch yesterday i drew some pictures (i've started to really enjoy drawing pictures on my lunch break, which is strange since i don't know how to draw at all) and collected a couple of pretty sticks from around the tree under which i was sitting. i am not a strange stick collecting lady but i thought they might be useful. my sister gave me a couple of textiles from morocco/egypt/jordan/i forget where but somewhere exotic and i thought i might use the sticks to mount them. my machine is out of action at the moment though so i will have to sew by hand.

ooh this is all getting a little bit word-heavy. i should post some pictures soon yes? yes.

love love love
lion

*see: degrassi mini-mullet (not actually a mullet thank goodness but a strange little spiky tuft that sat on top of my head), every fringe i've ever had since the age of 12, and the permutations of black dye that patterned each of said fringes

No comments: