Wednesday, December 31, 2008

20. resolutions

i don't make new years resolutions, but this year i think i might. i'm constantly making resolutions, why not make them a little more formal? so i've come up with five goals to see me through 2009.

i know enough about myself not to be too ambitious with this sort of thing. in fact, this list is still probably too ambitious.

I RESOLVE: to play at least one of my songs to at least five different people. (i'm hoping that five is sort of the critical mass and if i do that without considerable agony then i can eventually do more.)

I RESOLVE: to have completed at least twelve new songs by the end of the year.

I RESOLVE: to be able to run for one hour by the end of the year. (i'm doing about 35 minutes at the moment. i'm not sure how much running i'll be able to do in south america - i'm not planning to take sneakers, for one - but if worst comes to worst i'll just have to power on home in august.)

I RESOLVE: to write at least one sentence in my travel journal for every day that i'm in south america.

I RESOLVE MOST OF ALL: to abide by the statement, "what are we without our integrity?"

there are other things i want to do in the new year: i want to be brave when i travel, and to make new friends. i want to work at being less shy, and i want to get better at talking to people i don't know. i want to get a job i don't hate. i want to exercise frequently, and begin cross-training a little more, and improve my dietary habits. but these things are all so hard to measure. so the things listed above are the most important ones to me.

have you made any resolutions?

love love love
lion

3 comments:

Jen said...

Yeah, to actually do C25K instead of giving up when I got a cold and never starting again.

Karin + Åsa said...

I'm about to write about mine on our blog today. I like yours, aswell as your blog! <3! /Karin

lion said...

jenny- you can do it! i did, and i don't have your british "stiff upper lip" spirit after all!

karin - thank you for the kind words AND for inspiring me with your blog!

x